The Book Depository

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reading: Heroes of faith: David Livingstone

Some time ago I finished another Heroes of faith book about D.L. Moody, and immediately picked this one up in my local Christian library. But! I took me more than a month to start reading it. Not sure why, I just kept on putting it aside. So far I've read about 30 pages and felt in love with this Livingstone guy. I guess, cause I always wanted to be somewhat of such an character. At age thirteen David Livingstone worked 14 hour shifts in factory, after that spent 2 hours studying Latin only to come home and read until midnight. Only so he could earn enough money to go study medicine in London and go to be a missionary in Africa. I was so impressed by this that I found the book grabbing my attention even more then D.L.Moody biography did.


A note on "Heroes of faith" series. It's kids books. Not like sub 6 years kids, but I must say it is easy to read. Which I really like. There is something in understanding the book you are reading without putting too much effort in it. I guess,  I still remember one other biography which was so complexly written that I couldn't really enjoy it at all. As if it was written 250 years ago.

easy to read, take care
D

No comments:

Post a Comment